Installing VST and DX Plugins
- The Shared VST Plugin Directories and alternatives.
- Installing VST Instruments & Effects
- Installing DX Instruments & Effects.
- Copying a few .dll files to a VST directory (or pointing the installer to that directory). NOTE: If the VST plugin has its own installer then it's not a good idea to manually move the .dll about after installation.
- the FL Studio plugin list so that the plugin is registered and available for use.
The Shared VST Plugin Folder/s
- The '..Plugins\VST' in the FL Studio installation folder (32 Bit plugins).
- The '..\Program Files\Common Files\VST2' (64 Bit plugins on a 64 Bit Windows only).
- The folder set as the Extra search path in the (32 Bit plugins).
- The '..\Program Files\Common Files\VST3' & '..\Program Files\VST3' folders (32 Bit plugins on 32 Bit Windows OR 64 Bit plugins on 64 Bit Windows).
- The '..\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3' & '..\Program Files (x86)\VST3' folders (32 Bit plugins on Win 64 Bit Windows).
Extra VST Folder
Installing VST Instruments & Effects
- Install the Instrument plugins (.dlls, etc) to the appropriate directory created in the previous section (above). NOTE If installation uses an installer, override the default install directory and point it to your if you have set one.
- Scan for the new VST plugin:
- Instruments - Click: > 2. More > 3. Refresh (button at the bottom of the list) > 4 . Fast scan. The plugin you have installed should appear in the plugin list in red. If this does not happen, please make sure you have followed the previous steps properly.
- Effects - In the window, click down arrow for any of the , click the Select item. In the submenu that appears, select More.... You will see a window listing all effect plugins available in FL Studio. At the bottom of the window, click the Refresh button and select Fast Scan. The plugin you have installed should appear in the plugin list in red color. If this does not happen, please make sure you have followed the previous steps properly.
- Optional - Place a check mark before the plugin name if you want it listed in your favorites AND OR add the plugin to the
- or .